Saturday, September 6, 2008

Rice Dream


Rice Dream rice drink is a wonderful alternative to milk. It's great in baking and cooking. It's also good alone as a drink. I was a BIG milk drinker before we found out Emily was intolerant so this was the hardest change for me. The first time I had a glass I was so thrilled to find something that was similar to milk, but there is a bit of an aftertaste that reminds you it isn't the real thing. I've talked to another mother who is on a milk free diet for the same reason and she loves Rice Dream, however, she wasn't as big of a milk drinker before, which I think is what makes the difference. They have many flavors if you are looking for something to drink, I just need to get around to trying all of them. They also have frozen products (alternative to ice cream) that I'll be trying next. There are only a couple of their frozen products that don't contain soy, but there are options :)

http://www.tastethedream.com/products/product/1467/202.php

Remember to really watch labels closely as there are many other brands of rice milk but many of them contain soy. Rice Dream and Trader Joe's brand are the two that I have found without some form of soy.


Household rating: 8/10