Sunday, September 7, 2008

Not-So Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies

In honor of my loving husband, I am baking his favorite cookies (Nestle Toll House of course). I'm also making a batch of my Not-So Toll House modified version of this recipe so that I can have a treat too! Here's the recipe for you to enjoy!

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
3/4 cup canola oil
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 large eggs
1 (10oz) pkg Enjoy Life semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Sift four, baking soda and salt in a small bowl. Beat canola oil, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla in large mixer bowl until well mixed (will look like a wet crumbly mixture). Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop by rounded tbsp (I use large cookie scoop) onto ungreased baking sheets.

*the consistency of the dough will seem more sticky than regular cookie dough, but once cooked, they will be fine.

Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Makes about 3 /12 dozen cookies.

* I have friends who use spectrum shortening instead of butter or margarine in recipes at a 1:1 ratio, so if you prefer, you can use 1 cup spectrum shortening (original recipe calls for 1 cup butter) instead of the 3/4 cup canola oil. I modified this recipe before learning about spectrum shortening, so I continue to make it with canola oil.